My Not So Secret Thrift Spots
I can't tell you how many messages I get about where I thrift shop! Today, I'm spilling all my not so secret, secrets about where to find the best stuff for the best price.
- Goodwill Outlets: These are my absolute favorite spots to find goodies. Shopping at the Goodwill Outlet takes a little bit of preparation, which I'll be sharing more about in a later post. These places can be gold mines if you are willing to get down and dirty. Literally, dirty. Like toilet water running down your arm dirty. Don't worry, that only happened to me once. I've provided a link to a locator here so you can check and see if one of these hot spots is near you!
- Goodwill Retail Stores: You might have noticed Goodwill has been hiking up their prices. I've noticed too, however, they are starting to get better at what they put out on the retail floor making your chances of finding something worthwhile a little better. I mostly look at the furniture here, and I'm currently on the hunt for a vintage jean jacket (insert thinking face emoji).
- Salvation Army: The Salvation Army tends to be hit or miss. I've been to locations with loads of furniture and some locations have mostly clothing. The type of stock (furniture/home goods/clothing ratio) tends to stay pretty consistent at each location. This same thing rings true for Goodwill. The good ones tend to be good, and the lame ones lame. Locator map can be found here.
- Habitat for Humanity Restore: If you are in the midst of DIY and renovations, you MUST go check out a Habitat restore. My best friend found a huge slab on quartz for her kitchen. Can you say score? I mostly hoard vintage books from Habitat. They are only a few cents! Locate one near you.
- Local Thrift Shops: It's becoming very common for community outreach programs to open up thrift shops. They tend to have really awesome prices and serve a great cause.
Where do you find the best deals? Let me know in the comments.